This episode of the Chamber Pro Spotlight is focused on social media for chambers.
Future episodes will focus on chamber pros doing economic development, tourism, government affairs, and other areas of chamber work in new and effective ways.
This special feature of the Community provides you exclusive access to the best minds in the world-wide chamber industry. You get it straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.
Chamber Pro Spotlight – Social Media for Chambers
Would you love to know exactly how other top chamber professionals are using social media to grow their chambers?
Would you like to discover what has worked for them, what didn’t work, and what they learned as they employed various social media strategies at their chambers?
For this episode of the Chamber Pros Spotlight, we interviewed Randall (Randy) Chase of the Waxahachie Chamber of Commerce. Randy is their Membership Director and social media lead.
We talked with Randy about social media for chambers, specifically:
- The Waxahachie Chamber’s Facebook page and Facebook strategy.
- How the chamber is using Twitter. Randy shared a great “News Jacking” story.
- Pinterest and how they have created boards for many topics related to Waxahachie.
- Foursquare and Yelp and how these little used (at least by chambers) platforms serve the membership.
- The chamber’s blog and lessons Randy learned from launching and maintaining it. Hint: It is not easy to consistently maintain a chamber blog.
- How the Waxahachie chamber is using Youtube to tell the chamber’s and community’s story.
Get connected to Frank...