Spring is the perfect time to kick your visual content marketing into gear. People love looking at images, even things that have nothing directly to do with your chamber. When people venture onto Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or Pinterest, many times they’re looking for a mini-getaway and images provide that visual escape.
Here are a few ideas that you can start snapping and sharing today.
Visual Content Ideas for Chamber Social Media
Whether you take these on your own or ask others to contribute, sharing images and videos is a very good way to get engagement on your social media pages. Take pictures of:
- Spring blooms: after a long winter people love to see pictures of flowers.
- Historic places around town.
- Water: lakes, ponds, stream, waterfalls, oceans, rivers, even a rain barrel. You name it, we all respond viscerally to water.
- Birds and bunnies.
- Dogs: especially if they’re wearing clothes.
- Pets of all kind, for that matter.
- A windy country road.
- A garden path.
- Kids in their Easter best.
- Spring decor outside of stores.
- Flower boxes: yes, technically these fall under “spring blooms” but there’s something extra special about a flower box and how it brings out the beauty of just about any building.
- Farm animals.
- Snow melting: especially shots with the sun out over the glistening snow or an early bloom poking out from under the white blanket.
- Storms or spring showers.
- Farmers markets.
- Park benches and other public outdoor spaces.
- Balloons: hot air and helium.
- Flowering trees and trees budding. Don’t forget the earliest signs of spring, pussy willow and forsythia (if you have them). You can even host a countdown waiting for them to open.
- Rain boots stomping through town.
- Umbrellas and rainy sidewalks.
You can make these images extra special and appealing by placing inspirational, educational, or entertaining quotes over them as well.
Don’t have time to take your own shots? Host an image contest on social media.