Companies agree to be chamber vendors or sponsors in the hopes they’ll get new business.
It’s a very direct need your chamber can fill for these groups.
Only if you can:
- bring in their ideal customer and
- give them exposure outside of mere sales opportunities.
People rarely buy from pitches anymore so you want to create opportunities for your sponsors and your vendors to help people get to know them.
Think of your chamber as a matchmaker between the investor and the customer. You must make sure the customer and investor are equally intrigued with one another. You do that by creating meaningful exchanges.
Sounds like a lot of work, right?
Here are a few ideas:
5 Creative Ideas to Help Chamber Vendors and Sponsors
- Learning session. Let them show off their expertise. If your vendor is a thought leader or very knowledgeable about a subject of interest to your members, give them the spotlight. Use video, interviews, blogs, learning sessions, or any type of content that will show your members that individual or business knows what it’s talking about. Just make sure the thought leader realizes this is not the platform for an infomercial. No heavy sales talk about their product or service.
- Break areas. At your next event consider hosting a break area that would allow sponsors and vendors to interact with people in a fun, non-promotional way. Many event planners are incorporating adult “play” areas manned by vendors and sponsors. There, the chamber vendors and sponsors get the chance to lead fun contests, crafts, and/or activities. These things are natural conversation starters.
- Sponsored live streaming. You need more video content. Your sponsors and vendors need more exposure. Allowing them to sponsor your event’s live streaming is a good way to satiate both needs.
- Free services and samples. If you have chamber vendors or sponsors who provide services that could be performed on a very small scale or in miniature, like a sample, (such as a massage) or ones who create things that could be sampled (like food) allow them to set up these hands-on examples of what their business has to offer. Unusual activities liven up any networking event.
- Snapchat geofilter. You can have a sponsor or vendor create an event-specific geofilter for a fun spin on event branding.
A must read for all Chamber Professionals...