If you’re currently using email marketing of any kind, it’s not a far jump to make to drip marketing. A drip marketing campaign provides periodic emails to your constituents to keep your chamber top of mind. There are a lot of uses for drip marketing and it can be very effective when personalized. But what sorts of drip marketing campaigns can benefit chambers? Here are a few ideas:
Drip Marketing Campaigns for Chambers
- Prospects. For people who visit your website and download a free item or sign up for your newsletter, you can provide valuable information to them about your community as well as business advice. If you want to take your drip marketing to the next level you can customize the content they receive based on their activity history. For instance, if they click on your email article about how to celebrate a business anniversary, you can assume they are a mature business, not a start-up. Then you can provide them with more content that would appeal to mature business needs like expanding your market and not landing your first client.
- Onboarding. When members are new to the chamber it’s important not to give them all the information at once. Using a drip campaign to provide them with information on a cool benefit each week will mean they are more likely to remember everything you have to offer than if you tell them all at once.
- Benefits reminders. Most chambers reach out to newbies while long-time members don’t need the handholding. But mid-range members might need a refresher course on your chamber offerings.
- CEO info. CEOs have unique needs. They’re not interested in run-of-the-mill mixers and they don’t have concerns over what day the local shopping event is. Creating information personalized to them on topics such as economic development or training future employees may have real value. If you don’t see this working for your community think of another niche group that could be served.
- Volunteer opportunities. These types of drip communications can help you stay in contact with your volunteer base.
Are you ready to invest in a drip marketing solution? Remember it’s about establishing and maintaining connections so there are many different types of uses if you keep your mind open to them.
Registration for the 2017 Chamber Pros Online Conference is NOW OPEN! (Get the details)