Chamber sponsors are incredibly important in helping you do more with small chamber budgets.
But how do you do it? How do you land the loyal ones who will come back year after year, making an investment in your chamber?
The simple answer is to give them more of what they want.
Get More Chamber Sponsors with These Easy Tips
- Ensure you have the details about your demographic. Who attends (demographic information) and what they do (activities and buying history) are incredibly important to today’s marketers. Have that info available in an easy to understand format.
- Master reporting. Make sure you’re clear to possible sponsors how you will show that their investment paid off. Don’t leave it up to them to figure out their sales. Be in a position to track website referrals, visits to their booth, etc.
- Make an emotional connection. Sponsors want a good investment but there are a lot of those out there. Tell your story and help them know, like, and trust you.
- Ask a mutual friend to introduce you or put in a good word. Again, there are a lot of options. Anything you can do to stand out in your sponsor’s eyes, including a warm introduction is a good idea.
- Be flexible, creative and quick. Flexible in your offering and creative in your approach. A sponsorship pitch should never take a long time. It’s better to have many quick conversations than one long one that causes the exec to wonder if their watch is broken.
- Make your current sponsors look amazing. One of the best ways to win a new sponsor is to use fear of missing out. If they see you doing fantastic promotional work for your current sponsors, they’ll want to be a part of it.
Finally, creating amazing packages and giving them what they want aren’t the only things you need to do. You must make sure you master the ask as well. Here are a few asking tips to help.