Health and wellness is a growing trend. It seems to be entering all areas from corporate wellness programs to standalone wellness events. Has your chamber considered hosting your own? Are you looking for some health and wellness event ideas?
Keep reading for our easy and fun ideas.
Incorporating Wellness into Your Event
First, there are several ways to bring wellness to your events. You can host an actual wellness event, and we’ll give you some ideas for that in the next section, but you can also bring wellness ideas to your networking events through some of the suggestions below:
- Add a make your own smoothie bar.
- Accommodate vegan and gluten-free guests.
- Make the food look good enough to eat. Ever go on a cruise (or Pinterest, for that matter) and see all the creative ideas for fruit carvings? Making healthy food look like a work of art will drive more people to sampling it. Food artistry also makes for great photo ops and social media shares.
- Create walking salads. Place salads in a to-go cup and host a walking meeting.
- Bring in a climbing wall.
(NOTE: Want more attendees at your events? Get your free Chamber Event Marketing Checklist.)
Easy Wellness Event Ideas
Need some ideas on changing out your offerings and want to incorporate more wellness themes at your next chamber event?
- Make your next networking event a Zumba class.
- Offer a free wellness check and expo event where attendees can have their blood pressure checked and get access to info for making better health choices. Make it free to the public and invite wellness and healthcare professionals to set up booths. Don’t forget mental health awareness as part of your event.
- Offer a lunch and learn around an important health awareness topic like skin cancer or healthy meals for busy professionals. These topics may not be business related but they can help your members. They are also good ways for you to link them to valuable community resources.
- Play kickball with members. No matter how athletically inclined you are (or aren’t), you can play kickball.
Grab this Chamber Event Marketing Checklist (it’s free)…