It’s the holiday season and you’re probably buzzing around, checking off your list of things to do before the end of the year. If chamber board member gifts are on that list, you’ll appreciate these last-minute ideas.
Last-minute Chamber Board Member Gifts
A member of the Chamber of Commerce Professionals group on Facebook asked what others do for last-minute chamber board gifts. Here’s what the chamber pros had to say:
- Homemade baked goods. Many chamber pros are also good in the kitchen. If you are, consider making the gift. For those who did, they bought cute gift packaging and made goodies like biscotti, donuts, cookies, or candies.
- Clever puns and treats. Suzy Latare shared that her chamber gives away an “Oven mitt filled with a bag of cookie mix and a spatula, with a tag that says ‘We must ad-mitt, we couldn’t do it without you!'”
- Jars of goodness. The Muncie Chamber of Commerce used mason jars made in Muncie and added Hershey’s kisses and a tag of appreciation. You could also place white chocolate pretzels in a jar and decorate the jar like a snowman or layer ingredients for one of your favorite recipes in a jar like chocolate chip cookies or soup.
- Tablet holder. Take a flat-surfaced item like a small cutting board. Add a little decorative trim and a dowel and you now have an inexpensive tablet holder.
- Leatherbound notebook. This item looks luxurious but it’s simple to make.
- Hand scrub. It’s hard to make a good impression in a handshake if your hands are dry and scaly. But it’s easy to make a cinnamon sugar hand scrub that even the guys would like. Don’t have time to make it? Look at Etsy. It’s likely you’ll find some for under $10 and the creator may even be in your town.
- Plants. Buy a terracotta pot and place a succulent or bulb in it. Both of these are easy to care for. Attach a tag (or use a Sharpie to inscribe it) thanking them for “helping us grow.”
Do you have an idea for creative, last-minute chamber board member gifts? Share them here.