I’m a sucker for lists, particularly to-do lists and book lists. I love the simplicity of them and the guidance. That’s also why I love this question that was recently asked in the Chamber of Commerce Professionals group on Facebook.
Jenny McKindles from the Professional Women’s Club of Michigan asked:
What do you do every day that you consider important to your success?
Essential Tips from Chamber Professionals for Chamber Professionals
Think about it. What do you do every day that makes you successful in your role? Here’s what other chamber pros had to say:
- Initiate contact with at least ten members a day. -Melissa Hyams, Canon City Chamber of Commerce
- Start every day (and interaction) with this philosophy: “It’s not about me and I don’t have to be right.” Work and lead with a servant heart. -Christina Swanson, Centex Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Pray. -Elizabeth Horton, Greenville Chamber (many other chamber professionals shared her sentiment)
- Ignore email until the top 2-3 things for the day are done. -Amy Krueger, Archbold Area Chamber of Commerce
- Write down your goals for the next day at the end of each day. Then read those things first thing in the morning. That way you start and end each day with focus. -Alysia Cook, Opportunity Strategies
- Consider the experience you’re creating for members and potential members. -Mark Sturdevant, La Habra Chamber of Commerce
- Make my bed. That way you can always say you accomplished something. -Tricia Bechman, Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce
- Read the paper. You don’t want to be the last to know (in this position). -Cathy Burwell, Helena Area Chamber of Commerce
- Servant leadership is my top priority. -Sandy King, Waxahackie Chamber
- Focus on learning one new thing a day. Sometimes it’s a small, “I’ve never noticed that before” moment. Other times it’s taking on Facebook Live and mastering that. Learning is key to growth.
What do you do every day that makes you more successful? Share it with the group of chamber professionals or read more tips from others.
Registration for the 2017 Chamber Pros Online Conference is NOW OPEN! (Get the details)