Thinking about a chamber membership drive?
The idea sounds exciting, doesn’t it? After all, a successful membership campaign could bring hundreds of new members into your chamber in just a few days!
With the new members comes all sorts of positive side benefits including a substantial surge in cash flow, a bunch of new volunteers for programs and events, renewed excitement in the community for the chamber, and perhaps not a few “attaboys” or “attagirls” for the hard working underappreciated staff : )
But first, do your homework.
What to Consider for Your Chamber Membership Drive
Be sure to think about:
- How you’re going to organize a successful membership drive.
- Expected retention rates following a chamber membership drive.
- Fundraisers drives versus modern membership drives and campaigns.
- Creating new enthusiasm for the chamber and community.
- The importance of relationship building when it comes to new member recruitment and retention.
- The importance of the chamber and the volunteers being able to share the chamber’s “story.”
- The recommended length of time to wait between chamber membership campaigns.
- How drives work for small chambers versus major metro chambers.