Small Business Week is coming up the first week of May and it’s a terrific time to try out going live on Facebook or continuing your success if you’ve already started. Facebook’s algorithm is extremely generous to video so if you want more eyes and more shares you should be doing it. Here are some video ideas for Small Business Week and beyond.
Facebook Live Ideas for Small Business Week
- Interview small business owners and ask them how they got started. This content can be used later to stress entrepreneurialism in your community.
- Surprise a small business member with a special treat, Publisher’s Clearinghouse Style.
- Stop people on Main Street and ask them their favorite small business in town.
- Interview your staff about the joys of working with small businesses.
- Make arrangements to give a behind-the-scenes tour at a local business live on Facebook.
- Encourage business owners to get together and lip sync to “Everybody’s Working for the Weekend” or “Taking Care of Business.”
- Promote your Small Business Week’s events with a behind-the-scenes look or hint at something special you are doing as part of the celebration.
- Talk about the lessons you’ve learned working with small businesses over the years or share your own small business experience.
- Interview small business owners on the strangest requests they’ve ever had.
- Share quick small business marketing tips that can be implemented easily.
- Broadcast live from one of your Small Business Week events.
- Host a small business webinar on cyber security, one of the most pressing. and little known, issues out there for small business.
You may be tempted to use some of these ideas to create a recorded video instead of going live, and some of these ideas would probably be easier in a situation where you can splice things together, but people watch live video 3x longer than native video, so that’s something to think about.