People spend a lot of money at the holidays and helping your chamber members soak up a large portion of those expenditures can be a major feather in your cap. Here are a few ideas you can post to social media, make into image memes, write how-to blog posts about, or republish in any form that works for your audience.
12 Exciting Holiday Marketing Ideas for Businesses
- Give out coupons with every purchase to come back for greater savings over the rest of the holiday season.
- Create a photo op in store. One local bookstore created a book throne inspired by the iron throne in Game of Thrones.
- Send a thank you gift to your most loyal customers.
- Add a surprise to every bag. Add even more excitement by publicizing that every 100 (or whatever number you’d prefer) bag receives a store credit or gift card.
- Partner with a local charity or volunteer for one and share your experience. Many will promote you for doing so (but that shouldn’t be the only reason for partaking.)
- Bring in Santa Clause or the Grinch for a meet and greet.
- Offer free gift wrapping or allow a charity to come in and gift wrap for a small donation.
- Bake something delicious in your store and let visitors enjoy the alluring smells. Give out cookies. They’ll likely linger.
- Provide gift suggestions. Etsy is doing a great job on social media promoting gifts for recipients that love things like travel or pets. They’re using Facebook ads to show unique items that appeal to those niches.
- Decorate your store. No one can resist beautiful decor. You’ll attract a lot of attention with a pleasing window display.
- Provide a child’s play area or cookie decorating spot. Keep the kids corraled so mom and dad can shop.
- Reach out to local bloggers who put together gift guides. Target niches like mommy bloggers or sports moms, coffee drinkers and foodies.