You want engaging social media posts for the chamber but it always feels like you’re behind the eight ball. Maybe it’s even something you’ve started to dread because, let’s face it, when you know what to post it takes only seconds. However, when you’re at a loss for content, it never seems like you can find what you want to. Then you realize you could’ve created your own in the time it took you to find something.
Fear not and worry no more.
If you use these tips to find and create content ahead of time, you can set a good portion of 2018’s postings over the next few weeks. Keep in mind that how far out you can schedule and how many posts you can do depends on your scheduling software and your plan.
Ideas for 2018 Social Media Posts
Create posts and schedule them ahead of time for:
- National holidays. If you leave off the year, you can reuse them again and again.
- Little known holidays. You know the ones. Remember National Coffee Day? Create your own but don’t stop there. Check out a monthly listing and forward any pertinent holidays to your members or place them on the newsletter so they can prepare themselves.
- Town events. Your big parades and events are perfect social media content and best of all, they’re scheduled so you can create posts ahead of time.
- Seasons. Certain things are universal (or nearly so) like the love of pumpkin everything in the fall.
- Universal sentiments/actions. Just like the seasons, there are certain times of year that people do predictable things like setting goals or new year’s resolutions. Use these common denominators to engage your audience.
Lastly, use trending topics as fill-ins. You won’t be able to schedule these well in advance but they can be used to garner traffic the day of or a few days later. The London Ontario Chamber created a great Yoda meme to celebrate the new Star Wars film that opened in December. Watch the regular news and the entertainment news to find topics that people are excited about and employ them to engage your audience.