Chambers are an invaluable source for finding employees but how many of your members (or the community members at large) know that? If you charge for posting chamber member job postings on your site, you have to do more than just offer that service.
You need to market it. Here’s how:
Marketing Chamber Member Job Postings
The chamber has an in when it comes to people looking for work. They often have access to the hidden job market because individuals may share their desire to leave their existing position before they tell anyone else. They turn to the chamber to put out feelers.
These things seem obvious to chamber pros but does your community see you as a resource for quality employees? If not, here are a few ways to change that.
- Market your job board. No one will know about it if you don’t market it.
- Make it useful. Think of ways to tie job postings into your tiered dues or other ways to ensure the HR departments of your companies are using it. Speaking of HR departments, they’re often removed for the person who joins the chamber on behalf of the company so make sure each department knows about you and how you can help.
- Ask about hiring needs. This should be one of those questions you ask members. What are your hiring needs and how can we help you meet them?
- Tell individuals about the job boards. Your chamber job board won’t be successful if potential employees aren’t accessing it.
- Keep track of data and share it with the hiring companies.
- Watch what’s on your site and forward opportunities to people you know are looking.
- Add the posts to social media. It helps plug in holes in your content and is a valuable resource for your community. It also assists people who are thinking about moving to know your area is economically vibrant.
A must read for all Chamber Professionals...