Social media is a tricky thing. Best practices are always changing. But out of all the social media tricks, the one thing that remains constant is that social media should always be social.
Think about how you make a connection face-to-face. You engage and listen. Ask them questions about themselves. Respond to their answers. Social media uses the same tennants but with tech as an intermediary.
Nevertheless, here are a few tactics that can get you more views.
Get More Views with These Social Media Tricks
- When someone comments on a post on Facebook, two things happen. Facebook thinks the post is relevant to the responder and assumes it might be of value to others as well. With every exchange, that relevance increases and more people are able to see the post and the conversation. For this reason, when someone comments on your post always comment back. Don’t let the conversation lapse. Think of it as a tennis volley. If they walk away, fine. But you don’t want to be the one who drops the ball.
- Also, every time someone comments, the post is being shown to others at the top of their stream. Facebook prioritizes active conversations. So if you have a list of responses you need to get to, don’t do them all at once. Space them out a few minutes or more so that you keep pushing the post up and Facebook considers it a Top Story. Users can select to see “Most Recent” instead or choose who they see first but many don’t take the time to edit their preferences. Which brings us to…
- Create a short video showing Facebook users how to make sure they never miss a chamber post by adding you to their list of who they see first.
- Comment on everything. Now, let’s move to the other sites. You’ll attract more eyes if you follow people and comment on what they’re posting. When someone follows someone else, it’s natural to check them out. When they post a nice, thoughtful comment it makes you feel good and sometimes you want to return the favor. Set daily objectives for yourself to comment on 3 businesses a day in your community. It takes minutes and you can do it in front of the TV at night or while waiting for an appointment. It’s a simple act that makes a big impression.
- Cross-pollinate your social media profiles. If you have a profile that does really well versus one that’s lagging, remind people on your busy profile to check you out on the other. Posting different kinds of content on all of your profiles will give people a reason to follow you on each.
These social media tricks should help you get more attention but as mentioned above, the very best way to do that is to become a good conversationalist and make people feel appreciated.
Must read for all Chamber Professionals...