Hey Frank, I wanted to touch base and give you an update on the success of our Chamber.
In short, every change we implemented has worked! The Tiered Dues, Chairman’s and President’s Circles, and our new publications have all been very successful.
It’s hard to believe it’s only been 13 months since we launched all of this!
We could not have accomplished any of this without you and Norma. Thanks again!
Frank is a successful entrepreneur, chamber member, chamber board member, chamber board of directors chair, and chamber President/CEO.
He now coaches chamber professionals, consults with chambers, trains staff and members, and speaks professionally. He helps Chambers and Chamber Professionals reach their goals.
He has worked with hundreds of chambers over the past 10 years on their staff and member training, strategic planning, board retreats and orientations, social media, digital marketing, technology, and most other areas of chamber work.
As a chamber professional, his team was one of the first to embrace social media and digital marketing. Within 18 months of launching their campaigns, the membership of that 45-year-old chamber had doubled.
While with his chamber, Frank was appointed to the executive committee of his state’s chamber of commerce (AWB) and the board of his state’s chamber professionals association (WCCE). He is a graduate of the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.) Academy program. He has a degree in finance and an MBA.
Frank serves on the faculty of the Institute for Organization Management (IOM) and W.A.C.E’s Academy program.
Frank is the author of three books on business and founder of:
- Chamber Focus Show
- Chamber Professionals Community (7,600 members)
- Chamber Professionals Online Conference (CPOC)
- Chamber Professionals Education (CPEd)
- Chamber Professionals Content Marketing Bundle Program (CMB)
Norma J. Davey
Norma was Chief Operating Officer (COO) of a mid-sized chamber for 7 years. She has dedicated her professional life to growing chambers, serving small businesses, and improving communities.
She has a special talent for creative, visual marketing combined with a love of technology, which has made her an in-demand conference speaker and consultant. She is also a professional photographer.
Norma is passionate about working with chambers and their members, helping them with all facets of their social media and digital marketing, because small businesses and successful communities are at the heart of what makes America great.
As the owner of multiple successful businesses over the years, Norma has chaired major community festivals and events and has served on countless non-profit boards and committees.
As the Director of Relationship Development for Frank J. Kenny, LLC., she is available for speaking at your conference, coaching, and consulting.
For Fun and Relaxation
Frank, Norma, Trixie (long-haired chihuahua), and Cooper (Tibetan Spaniel) enjoy traveling, technology, old movies, and Christmas. They work from the road full-time, serving clients while getting first hand experience on what works for chambers and members.
- Our Mission: To provide knowledge and training to the chamber industry through coaching, consulting, speaking, and technology.
- Our Vision: We are the leading organization in the world providing knowledge and training to the chamber industry.
- Our Values: Integrity, transparency, inclusion, personal and professional growth, adventure, giving, gratitude, inspiration, leadership, professionalism, service, and humor.
- The training was OUTSTANDING! Thank you Clovis Chamber for providing these opportunities to us!!! YES I would be willing to pay for Advanced Seminar with Frank! – Linda Smith Fry, Owner
- “I was so impressed by your presentation. The positive re-enforcement and the stories made your presentation so much more personal.” – Mike Harden, Owner, Battle Ground Printing
- “Frank’s book “The 7 Secret Laws of Society” was a very informative and enjoyable read on social media/networking. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to develop a progressive social media strategy for their organization.” – Sheldon Leiba, President & CEO, Mississauga Board of Trade
- “Frank J. Kenny is a very astute and knowledgeable social media specialist. During my time working with Frank I have learned a lot about social media and the impact on our business. We have embraced this knowledge and have seen our business grow, and the world’s knowledge of what we do grow with it. Frank is very engaging and enjoyable as a speaker. If you get a chance you should read Franks new book. It is packed with a lot of great information.” – Dr. Thomas Armstrong
- I would recommend Frank to share the knowledge of how to use social media to reach as many people and customers as you can through making it personal and sharing your passion! Great information! Debbie Pedro, President, Hermiston Chamber
- Good examples from real life. I came away with a much better understanding of social media. Brenda Turner
- This was an incredible class. Frank did a great job of drawing clear lines between the use of SM and the real results that can come from it. Nathen Peren, Membership sales manager, Issaquah Chamber
- Any chance you have to hear Frank, take it! Bob Green, President, Washington Chamber of Commerce Executives (WCCE)
- Very Good Frank! Congrats on all you are doing. Mathew Bott, Issaquah Chamber of Commerce
- Lynda Bilo, Issaquah Chamber – Frank, I have been meaning to tell you how your “Talk” at the Issaquah Chamber has changed my world. While I have not developed all the social media skills, I have become a sponge, learning all I can. You opened up a new world for me. Thank you! You do make a difference!
- Mark Sturdevant, President/CEO La Habra Chamber – This workshop was a major success and the attendees loved it. Already talk of a follow-up class in February to explore more Psychology and the how-to aspects of these Social Networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Excellent job! Thanks, Mark
- Valerie K. Boyle – Enjoyed the W.A.C.E. webinar very much Frank. Gave me some additional good info to share when I am out and about working with boards, especially those that aren’t quite sold on the possibilities. Thanks!
- Nate Schaus – Frank Kenny provided a fantastic social media seminar at the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce yesterday. If you are a business leader in the Phoenix West Valley – you won’t want to miss the next time he presents.
- Clovis Chamber of Commerce – Capacity crowd this morning to hear Frank Kenny talk about the Psychology of Social Media for the Clovis Chamber.
- Helen Butler – Thanks for the workshop at La Habra Area Chamber of Commerce today. Always looking for more information and tips on social media. Great job! Maybe another one after the first of the year?
- Kay Whiting Harrison, Murrieta Chamber, Committee Chair – Your social media workshop was amazing today. We left with a greater knowledge and avenues of how to implement your information. Thank you so much for coming and please let me know if Murrieta will be on your tour again next year!
- Linda Jacobson Youngsma – Great Seminar today! Thank you, learned a lot that I will be implementing
- Debi Carpadus-Brighthope Designs – I had a great time attending your classes today in El Dorado County. Thanks for coming to our Chamber!
- Caroline Root – Thank you SO much for the wonderful information presented by Frank Kenny. Looking forward to the next session.
- James Fox Terrazas – The Clovis Chamber brought us another great event. Thanks to Beth and her staff for this highly insightful seminar. Yes I would attend an Advanced Seminar. Yes I would prepay. How about more than 2 hours next time?
- Jeannette Dashjian – Great seminar!! Beth you said it was going to be good and yes it was. I am going to attend more of these that the chamber provides for all of us. Great speaker and I would also like a longer time frame for this kind of seminar. Now I have my homework to do so best to the chamber and all the members.
- Brett Taylor – Frank was awesome. Yes, I would attend again in February.
- Carin Hodge – Great workshop!!!
- Joy Mcmillan – Great workshop! Lots of information.
- Christopher Bundros – Thank you for another great seminar, useful in our businesses.
- David Wynn Smith – Another successful Chamber sponsored event.
- Linda Smith Fry – One more reason why I belong to the Clovis Chamber! The training was OUTSTANDING!
- Jeannette Dashjian – Hi All. I agree. This was a very good workshop!!!! Good job Beth! Good to meet Rachel and the other chamber members. Good group. I also like my picture thanks Beth! You take good pictures!
- Katrina Olsen – Well worth my time – excellent workshop!
- Sue Thurman – Frank had some insightful information for us–thank you Frank, for putting Gilroy on your City’s to visit. Your talk was full of good information and you brightened our day.
- Lisa Anderson Cassara He was very interesting! And a great sense of humor as well.
- Shauna Fastenow – This was an awesome workshop! Thank you Kwan for sponsoring, and Mark and Frank for the great presentations and slide shows!
- Jan Bates – I am so thankful to have donations to send to the troops. Thanks Rhonda for getting the vidieo Frank Kenny took on fb. Loved the social networking class by Frank Kenny offered through the Murrieta Chamber. Next mailing to Afghanistan will be Dec. 13th.
- Matt Bott, The Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce – We held a great seminar today on “Your Social Media Strategy” by Frank Kenny that kicked off our Fall 2010 Business Matters Seminar Series! Thank you to Frank for his amazing presentation – now the Chamber’s has a practical strategy to take our media to the next level!
- Beth Bridges – Frank, Our members very much enjoyed your presentation. You know it’s good when their only “complaint” is wishing it was longer! This page was the idea of Jim Terrazas, as a way to tell people thank you in a big way. It’s wonderful to be on the receiving end.
- David Wynn Smith – Thank you Beth and thank you Frank Kenny. Excellent presentation and very informative!
- Doreen Smith – Thank you for your seminar, you were so inspirational!
- Phil Luna – Thanks for the seminar today in Visalia. Great info and lots to think about.
- Courtney Manhold – Frank is a great speaker! He gives a unique “human” approach to social media. The methods he introduces are practical and common sense. “Give” is the message and you will receive. Thank you Frank!
- Mary J. Mazzei – Great info this morning on Psychology of Social Networking. I’m ready to lead my tribe. Thanks Frank!
- Mark Blackney – Great W.A.C.E. Webinar, Frank! We’re looking forward to your Clovis visit.
- Sue Thurman – Frank, your presentation was great. Thank you so much for putting it together for us in Gilroy. I am excited to begin to use the tools.
- Rhonda Warner- Hello from Murrieta California! I just wanted to share with you what a wonderful event we had today with Frank J. Kenny! He sure knows his stuff on social networking! Our membership was very impressed with the knowledge he shared with them today. Thank you Frank!
- Roxanne Ford Hogue – Thank you, Frank, for the class you taught yesterday in Buckeye, AZ. for the Chamber. It was very informative and you did a great job! Keep up the good work! I’m sure you’ll be a blessing to many! Merry Christmas!
More On LinkedIn
Press Releases/In the News
Local Marketing and Tech Expert Goes National
Longview, WA (November 12, 2013): Norma Davey, Longview resident and former longtime Chief Operations Officer of the Kelso-Longview Chamber of Commerce, has announced a big career change in following her twin passions of marketing and technology. She is joining the ranks of full-time social media and digital marketing consultants. After serving seven years at the Chamber, Norma was with the KLOG-KUKN-WAVE team for over two years as a Sales and Marketing Consultant.
While Davey has long been recognized as a local marketing and tech expert, her technologically innovative work for the radio stations and Longview Squirrel Fest (she served as Marketing Chair in 2011, 2012 and Event Chair in 2013) has increased her visibility regionally and nationally.
She was recently a guest on the world-wide Chamber Focus Show, discussing the social media and digital marketing success of Longview Squirrel Fest. She has presented at many social media marketing classes through the Kelso-Longview Chamber and other organizations. She has been published in Young@Heart, a Portland Metro-magazine for professional women. She is a writer and trainer for the Chamber Professionals Community.
Norma is joining the leading social media and digital marketing firm in the Chamber of Commerce industry, Frank J. Kenny, LLC, as Director of Marketing & Business Development. Davey will be working with more than 1000 chambers and their small and medium sized business members from across North America.
You can reach Norma Davey at 360.560.9434 or through FrankJKenny.com
# # #
“Free E-Book Teaches Chamber of Commerce Leaders How to
Use Social Media to Dramatically Increase Membership and Retain Members”
Portland, Oregon – 6-18-2012 – A new free e-book (soon to be sold at $19.95) shows chamber of commerce leaders how to use social media to attract and retain new members. Through this new work by Frank J. Kenny Chamber professionals learn to use these modern social media tools to quickly and effectively move their Chamber into the 21st century.
Readers of the book will discover how Frank and his team grew their Chamber of Commerce membership by 100% in the space of 18 months using basic social media practices. In this free book he gives other chamber leaders the formula to do it too. He includes quick and simple ways to develop a social media strategy that works for Chambers, big and small.
Here’s what Chris Brogan, one of the top bloggers, social media gurus, and new marketers in the world today says about Frank in his excellent foreword to Frank’s book:“Frank here has written up what he feels you need to know as leaders of chambers and associations… He wants you to succeed. He knows the world will be better if you feel educated and ready to take it on. So with that, I say, ‘Learn. Dare to try this stuff. And join the new digital channel.’ There’s gold in these here hills.”
Frank shares how to use social media to turn a Chamber into a business funnel that new business will flow into and stay there. He also shares how to use social media to tell a story that resonates with audiences. He discusses how to use platforms like Facebook , Twitter, Google+, and a blog to build trust and credibility with potential members.
Chris Mead, Senior Vice President, American Chamber of Commerce (ACCE), said about the book, “Frank Kenny gives you the rocket without requiring you to learn rocket science. He helps make social media understandable and potentially profitable.”
Steve Snyder, Vice President of the Western Association of Chamber Execs (W.A.C.E.) said, “Frank Kenny ‘hits a long ball’ when it comes to social media and how it can benefit your chamber.”
The new e-book, and many other social media resources, are available today for free at http://frankjkenny.com/get-up-to-speed/
Bainbridge Island Chamber Names New President/CEO
Frank J. Kenny Retained to Conduct Nationwide Search and Acts as Interim President/CEO
Bainbridge Island, WA 12-15-2011 – Experienced Chamber of Commerce professional Rex Oliver was named yesterday as the new President/CEO of the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Oliver was formerly the President/CEO of the Murrieta California Chamber, a position he held for 10 years. While with the Murrieta Chamber he served as the President of the Southern California Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (SCACCE) and sat on the board of the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.).
According to Jeff Waite, Chairman of the Board of the Bainbridge Island Chamber, “We are very excited to have Rex aboard. He brings a wealth of chamber experience and talents to our Island and region. He will work closely with our partners and members as we focus on our core competencies of creating a strong sustainable local economy through promoting the community, providing networking opportunities, representing the interests of business with government, and promoting sustainable business practices.”
Mr. Oliver was introduced to the Bainbridge Island Community last night at a special event that included such dignitaries as Trudi Inslee, wife of gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee, Dr. David Mitchell, President of Olympic College, John Powers, Executive Director of the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance, and more than 100 other community leaders.
The recruiting process was a multi-month project that included the engagement of Chamber of Commerce consultant, Frank J. Kenny. Mr. Kenny acted as interim director of the chamber while also facilitating board retreats, creation of the job description, performing the national search, and negotiations. “The board of directors looked at this time as an opportunity for organizational growth and change. I am honored to have been involved in helping this long-established business association work through the process of establishing a vision and then recruiting a chamber professional of national prominence that will help them see it come to fruition”, Mr. Kenny said.
The recruitment team, which consisted of board members, the executive committee, and Mr. Kenny employed the services of the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.), and Washington Chamber of Commerce Executives (WCCE) in the candidate search. Steve Snyder, Vice President of W.A.C.E. wrote to say, “Just a short note to congratulate you and the Bainbridge Island Chamber on hiring Rex Oliver from Murrieta CA. I was glad to see the chamber hire a chamber professional. I am confident that Rex will do a great job for the chamber. I am glad that W.A.C.E. was able to provide assistance in this process.”
Chairman of the Board Jeff Waite can be reach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Frank J. Kenny can be contacted at http://FrankJKenny.com or Frank@FrankJKenny.com.
Frank J. Kenny Served as Faculty Member at
U.S. Chamber’s Institute for Organization Management
A Four-Year Leadership Training Produced by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Longview, WA—Frank J. Kenny, owner of Frank J. Kenny Speaks, Writes, Coaches, LLC, recently served as a faculty member at Institute for Organization Management (Institute), an intensive week-long nonprofit leadership training program held in July at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California.
Since 1921, Institute has attracted association and chamber professionals from across the country to its five university sites. During the four-years, most Institute participants attend the one-week sessions at the same site, building valuable relationships with others in the industry. Through a combination of required courses and electives, Institute participants are able to enhance their own organizational management skills and add new fuel to their organizations, making them run more efficiently and effectively.
Institute’s faculty members come from varied backgrounds within the nonprofit industry, all with a commitment to providing the best education for chamber and association professionals. The faculty plays a pivotal role throughout the week, providing instruction and sharing resources in targeted courses such as Creating a Digital Strategy and Technology Tools and Trends. Many Institute faculty members continue to offer their guidance to students and their organizations throughout the year.
“Institute’s faculty members are truly the experts in their respective fields,” said Raymond P. Towle, IOM, CAE, the U.S. Chamber’s vice president of Institute for Organization Management. “These individuals each bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Institute classroom that is unparalleled in nonprofit management.”
Institute is a 501(c) (3) affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and is the premier nonprofit professional development program for association and chamber professionals, fostering individual growth through interactive learning and networking opportunities.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing more than 3 million businesses and organizations of every size, sector, and region.
New Social Media Marketing Book for Small Business and Associations
Vancouver, WA 5-18-2011 – After seven months of in-the-field research and writing, Frank J. Kenny has released a new book, The 7 Secret Laws of Society, Social Media Essentials and Strategies for Small Business and Associations.
The 170 page, 15 chapter manuscript is being release both as a standard book and as a free digitally downloadable e-book. Distribution is through the largest technology firm in the chamber of commerce industry, ChamberMaster. Small business owners and association executives can also obtain the associated Social Media Marketing Guidebook, consulting packages, and an audio version of the text. Step by step coaching and webinar training are also available.
Topics covered in the book include growing your business by setting and measuring your social media marketing goals, breaking through the clutter by telling your social media marketing story to the right target market, building your business and personal brand, listening, engaging, and providing value. There is a bonus section with 27 social media marketing strategies. The 7 Secret Laws of Society are also divulged and explained.
Frank J. Kenny is embarking on a social media marketing speaking tour immediately following the release. He is scheduled to speak in his home area of Oregon and Washington State before beginning the tour. His presentations are available for small business and association audiences in full day, 1/2 day, breakout, and customized keynote.
Frank J. Kenny is an industry thought leader on small business and business association growth strategies, especially through new media marketing. In addition to his recently completed speaking tour, which included instructing more than 150 business associations on social media strategies, he has taught entrepreneurs and executives internationally. Frank is on the faculty of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management (IOM) program and has instructed on social media marketing through the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) and the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.).
Frank J. Kenny to Teach Social Media Marketing and Technology Classes for the
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management (IOM) Program
Vancouver, WA 5-24-2011 – Frank J. Kenny will be teaching two social media marketing courses this July in Los Angeles for the Institute of Organization Management (IOM) program. Both revolve around helping chambers and associations to utilize the latest in social media marketing and technology for reaching their goals and objectives.
The first class, Technology Trends and Tools, helps the students stay abreast of the latest web based communications to effectively and efficiently grab the attention and esteem of the members. Topics covered will include social media marketing, social networking, and the latest web tools.
The second class, Integrating a Digital Strategy, is all about helping association leaders create a strategy and technology plan. Learning objectives include: creating a technology plan and budget, weighing the costs and benefits, and using social media for brand advocacy.
Frank J. Kenny is an industry thought leader in social media marketing for business associations and small business. He is an author, consultant, public speaker and former Chamber of Commerce President/CEO. His new book, The 7 Secret Laws of Society, Social Media Essentials and Strategies for Small Business and Associations is available as a free digital download.
Institute for Organization Management is an adult education and professional development program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for those in the association, chamber of commerce, and other related nonprofit industries. Since 1921, Institute has educated hundreds of thousands of past, current, and future nonprofit leaders from across the country, making it one of oldest and best regarded adult education programs in nonprofit management.
The Institute program was designed to enhance individual performance, elevate professional standards, and recognize association, chamber of commerce, and other nonprofit professionals who demonstrate the knowledge essential to the practice of nonprofit management.
Author, Speaker, and Social Media Authority Frank J. Kenny Has Accepted an Invitation from the
Washington Chamber of Commerce Executives (WCCE) to Instruct on Social Media Marketing for Chambers and Associations
Vancouver, WA 5-19-2011 – As the leading professional development organization for chamber executives in Washington State, WCCE brings in experts from around the country to instruct on chamber trends and essentials. Social media marketing is clearly a trend for the chamber industry and the businesses they serve.
After seven months of in-the-field research and writing, Frank J. Kenny, a former chamber of commerce President/CEO, has released a new book, The 7 Secret Laws of Society, Social Media Essentials and Strategies for Small Business and Associations. His first full day presentation, based on the book, will be on June 8th in Kirkland, WA. Frank will present again on June 9th. Registration for the training can be made through http://www.wcce.org/
Topics covered in the presentation will include: Growing your chamber by telling the correct social media marketing story, engaging the right target market, retaining members through relationships, building your chamber’s social media brand, setting and measuring your chamber’s social media goals, listening, promoting, and providing member value. The 7 Secret Laws of Society are also divulged and explained.
The mission of WCCE is to advance chambers of commerce by connecting chamber professionals to the information and resources they need to succeed through education, coordination and facilitation. Their vision is developing high achieving chamber professionals across Washington State.
Frank J. Kenny is an industry thought leader on small business and business association growth strategies, especially through new media. In addition to his recently completed speaking tour, which included instructing more than 150 business associations on social media strategies, he has taught entrepreneurs and executives internationally. Frank is on the faculty of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management (IOM) program and has instructed on social media marketing through the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) and the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.).
Frank is embarking on a speaking tour immediately following the presentation. He is scheduled to speak in his home area of Oregon and Washington State before beginning the tour. His presentations are available for small business and association audiences in full day, 1/2 day, breakout, and customized keynote.