While only 10% of your members may come to your events, offering those face-to-face opportunities is often how relationships are built between members. But sometimes the events can feel drab and overdone. If you’re looking for new chamber social event ideas, here are some chambers with some good suggestions.
Chamber Social Event Ideas
Chamber pros shared the following chamber social event ideas on the Chamber of Commerce Professionals Group on Facebook:
- Lunch and Learns. This is a great spotlight for members to share what they know in a non-salesy approach. Topics of interest might include social media, risk, security, or small business tax information.
- Women in Business Luncheons. This is an excellent group for women business owners and those who want to take business leadership roles. Events like this help establish informal mentoring relationships.
- Coffee Connection. Coffee Connections are the early bird version of Business After Hours events. While they may have a speaker, they are designed around informal networking and coffee.
- Business Awards. This event honors member businesses in town. The award depends on the chamber but often there’s one for most philanthropic and Best Of designations. Some chambers also celebrate the young people of their community with a 40 Under 40 award.
- Community Summer BBQ. Summer BBQs are the best and they are a fantastic way to bring the community together for a celebration of sun and fun. Plus, who doesn’t love the delicious smell of the grill and smoker?
- Meet and Greet with Elected Officials. One of the valued services the chamber provides is being the voice for business. A chamber pro shared that they hosted quarterly Meet and Greets with elected officials. They were open to everyone in the region. This allowed businesses that were located close to each other to build relationships and partnerships. Meeting with the local officials created an opportunity to shape their legislative agenda. The Meet and Greets brought in new members as they saw the chamber truly wanted to help them grow their business.
Do you host chamber social events? Share the details with the chamber community here.