Most people decide within a few seconds whether they will open your email or not and most of those decisions are based on two things: the sender and the subject line. If you’re worried people aren’t opening their chamber invoice, you should send it from a real address, not a “no-reply” one. You can also use the following subject lines to attract more interest.
Winning Chamber Invoice Subject Lines
Recently, the chamber pros shared the chamber invoice subject lines they use to get attention. They include:
- Membership Investment Renewal (Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce)
- Did You Know? Then the Rocky Mount Chamber of Commerce then follows that up in the body of the email by giving three impacts the member’s investment made over the year.
- It’s Time to Renew Your Chamber Membership. The Quincy Area Chamber of Commerce ensures that this important communication remains separate from other chamber emails.
- Congratulations! It’s Your Anniversary. The Moore County Chamber of Commerce positions membership as something to get excited about with this subject line.
A Few Additional Tips for More Opens
These chamber pros use a few different approaches to get more opens. Here are three more suggestions/tactics:
- Keep your subject line characters under 50. This will ensure they can see all or your message without it being truncated.
- Grab their attention with something creative that involves an invoice. But don’t allow the fact that that you’ve attached the invoice get swallowed by your creativity. Some people simply don’t have time to read emails. If they think this is just your weekly event email, and they don’t have time for events that week, they may delete it without opening. Make sure they know this is something special.
- Use emojis. This is something you need to experiment with. Emojis may not fit your audience but there’s also a large group of people who respond to them. You can use this as a personalization effort. You can use emojis on those who you think will enjoy them and respond to them. Those that won’t, leave them off.
What do you use as your chamber invoice subject line? Share your ideas and experience here in the Chamber Pros Facebook group.