Non-dues revenue ideas are a favorite topic among chambers because it’s a relatively pain-free way to grow your revenue. Non-dues revenue can increase your chamber revenue faster than most chambers can recruit members. That’s because there’s more opportunity with non-dues revenue. After all, there are only so many businesses in town and even if that’s growing, it’s limited.
Ideas to Grow Non-dues Revenue from Other Chamber Pros
What’s the best source of non-dues revenue? Other chamber professionals, of course. Here are some ideas from the Chamber of Commerce Professionals Group on Facebook.
- Upgraded directory listings (Pacific Area Chamber of Commerce)
- Advertising on shop local website (Pacific Area Chamber of Commerce)
- Managing the local license bureau (Excelsior Springs Area Chamber of Commerce)
- Golf tournaments
- Community festival
- “Taste Of …” event
- Sponsorships (get the ultimate guide to chamber sponsorships here )
- Advertising (on the marquee, website, newsletters, etc.) (Titusville Chamber of Commerce)
- Trips (Titusville Chamber of Commerce)
- Carnival (Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce)
- Key Indicator Forecast series (Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce)
- Vine and Dine event (Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce)
- Reverse Raffle (Salem Area Chamber of Commerce)
- Christmas Raffle (Salem Area Chamber of Commerce)
The nice thing about this list is that it encompasses things you can put on quickly as well as things that take a bit more work. For instance, with a little design know-how, you could begin selling advertising on your website, newsletter or within your directory today. Or if you want something that leaves a big impression, consider adding a signature event to your chamber calendar.
Whatever you decide to do, remember it will require marketing. As many times as you might tell your members about the new offering, remind them through every channel. Someone who watches your Facebook page might not read the newsletter.