A member of the Chamber of Commerce Professionals Group on Facebook asked:
What are your best attended seminar/lunch & learn topics?
Most Popular Lunch and Learn Topics
Chamber professionals from all over the country rang in with some of their most popular topics for drawing a crowd:
- Google+ Seminar (or other social media learning): everyone thinks they should be on it because of the megalith’s name but what the heck is it and how do you engage people on it? With Google+’s split announcement in early March you can guarantee your members feel more confused about this social media platform than ever before.
- Getting Your Business in the News. PR tips from former journalists and editors are popular at one chamber. P.S. Since everyone’s a publisher now, this topic will probably start to lose its popularity or change its course. It won’t be how to get in the news but how to “Trend.”
- Grant Writing.
- Servant Leadership.
- Customer Service. Who can’t benefit from training on how to better please customers? In a word-of-mouth marketing world customer service can win you customers and keep them loyal.
- Business Roundtable. These learning opportunities can be fascinating, particularly when they have heavy audience participation.
- Conflict Resolution. Whether it’s employee related, and dealing with difficult colleagues, or conflict resolution in general, giving people the tools to deal with aggravating situations is helpful for the entire community.
- LinkedIn. Optimizing your personal brand, profile and/or promoting industry thought leadership are popular topics.
- Economic Development. Government employees are often willing to talk for free.
- Time Management.
“Sold out” lunch and learn events don’t have to be costly. Often there are people in the business or educational community who are willing to present for free, knowing that they will most likely get some referral business out of a presentation.
If you’re having a hard time finding an ideal topic or one that resonates with your audience, just ask your members what they’re interested in and choose your topics accordingly.
Registration for the 2017 Chamber Pros Online Conference is NOW OPEN! (Get the details)