Why join the chamber? It’s a question you’re probably asked several times a day. Or maybe it’s a question you ask as you try to get into your potential members’ heads wondering why they should join.
No matter who’s doing the asking, it’s an important question. Since most people join because they need something and believe the chamber can help, here are a few benefits you can start providing members with. These ideas were all pulled from the Chamber of Commerce Professionals group on Facebook from other chamber pros.
Creative Chamber Membership Benefits
These benefits could be things you offer for free to all members or something you build a tier around.
- Social media private group on Facebook, LinkedIn, or your own private community. You’ll have to do a lot of work to get the content to the point that it’s seen as a value to membership but once you do that sort of team dynamic is very beneficial to those who are seeking advice and how-to’s.
- Toastmasters chapter. You’ll need at least 20 people and have to go through a charter process.
- Member discount program.
- Social media expertise. You may need to limit this in some way.
- Sponsorship opportunities like hosting events or being a speaker in an area of your expertise.
- Professional headshots or video. This works best for small chambers that have connections to photographers or videographers.
- Email blasts (limited number).
- Computer software training.
- Chamber business book club.
- Access to an online resource library of training videos or content.
- Office use.
- Creating a speaker’s bureau for members for local groups.
- Mastermind group.
There are so many different benefits to offer but those that are the most successful are the ones that speak directly to a pain point your average member has. If your members are largely rural businesses, their needs will be different than a large urban setting. Create a marketing persona for the different types of members you have and decide what would make the most difference in their lives. How can you help them be successful? That’s what you need to offer.
Must read for all Chamber Professionals...